Sunday 9 November 2014

Vicar's Craft Corner: Tackling the Craft Mountain

My love of all crafts seems to have no bounds. The obsession definitely worsened when my craft equipment was given its own corner of our spare bedroom and I was given a rolling cabinet for all my fabric and sewing bits. Now the piles of 'oh I'll just buy that because it is bound to come in handy' fabric and 'that's a striking colour' balls of wool seem to be breeding. As our move to a new, slightly smaller abode looms my craft mountain is looking all the more menacing. It needs to be tamed.

And so I have decided to start some new projects that I have had on the back burner for, oh, about a thousand years. The first of which is to crack making more beaded jewellery in time for Christmas and lots of birthdays coming up.

 
 
The next task on the list is to make a top I have had the fabric and trimmings for since the first season of Great British Sewing Bee. I don't even want to think about how long ago that was. Best just to look to the future eh? Which will hopeful feature a rather sweet little navy anchor top!
 
 
 
My next challenge is to do something with this fabric that I absolutely love but have absolutely no idea what to do with. I have about two metres of it that I picked up for a song at a charity shop near us. It is a great retro pattern that needs a large item to really do it justice but otherwise I'm stumped. Answers on a postcard?!

 
So, what are you secretly hoarding and what stash are you tackling? I'll be sure to share pics if I manage to make a dent in mine!


1 comment:

  1. My stash is yarn and more yarn. I already probably have a stash that exceeds my life expectancy. I'll keep knitting.:-)

    ReplyDelete