Tuesday 17 November 2015

30 Second Reflection - Strength for the Weary

I love this reading from one of the Old Testament prophets because it reminds me that I don't have to always be striving to do everything alone. It is so true that even the young grow weary, we wear ourselves out! For me this gives me a jolt to remember that I can't do it all alone and nor do I have to.

'Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint
and strengthens the powerless.

Even youths grow faint and be weary,
and the young will fall exhausted;
but those who wait for the Lord
shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not be faint'

From Isaiah 40: 28-31



All the 30 Second Reflections this week are some excepts from the Bible which might surprise you and might be ones you have never heard before all applied to modern life. This ties in with the Faith for the Fainthearted series which this week explores the theme of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment