Wednesday 18 November 2015

30 Second Reflection - Stuff the Cleaning

I've been doing a Time Management survey recently like the complete geek that I am so this little story from Luke's gospel really resonated with me. Here are two sisters, one who is dashing about doing the cleaning and the other one who says, 'You know what, stuff the cleaning. Here is a fascinating person that I want to learn from. The laundry can wait'. I'm trying to do that in my life.

'Now as they went on their way; he (Jesus) entered a village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at his feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks so she came to him and asked. 'Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself. Tell her then to help me!' But Jesus answered her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worries and distracted by many things but there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her.'
 
from Luke's Gospel 10:38-42
 
 
All the 30 Second Reflections this week are some excepts from the Bible which might surprise you and might be ones you have never heard before all applied to modern life. This ties in with the Faith for the Fainthearted series which this week explores the theme of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment